The Rosneath Peninsula West Community Development Trust is putting on a major Carnival of Arts and Music on the Rosneath Peninsula in October. Cove Carnival, which is sponsored by Garelochhead Coaches, will take place over five days from Friday 6th to Tuesday 10th October.
The programme includes:-
- Peninsula Ukelele Band (at Rosneath and Kilcreggan Primary Schools)
- McGinn Dinner - a celebration of Scottish folksinger Matt McGinn
- Allander Jazz Lunchtime Show
- Talk and display of Francis Cadell's painting of Cove Pier (at Cove Sailing Club 8pm)
- Catherine Wheels Theatre's The Little Gentleman, for kids
- 'Greek' Thomson 200, a celebration of the 200th anniversary of the birth of Alexander Thomson - exhibition and evening talk.
- Scottish Opera Reception (at Knockderry House Hotel)
- Scottish Opera Highlights
Each event has been sponsored by a local business including Kilcreggan Hotel, Kilcreggan Garage, Plugit Decorative Wood, Ensign Motifs, Knockderry House Hotel.
Tickets can be purchased from Kilcreggan Post Office, the Cove Shop, Loz Slavin (07807104762) or Murdo McDonald (01436842265). For events in Cove Burgh Hall, you can request tickets from this website. Just follow the links in the list above to go to the event page and place your request.